A pocket knife is a foldable knife that has one or more blades that fit inside the handle. These knives can easily fit in your pocket, and they’ve become a popular buy in the past few decades.
If you’re looking for the perfect pocket knife, these are some places you can find one.
Places You Can buy Pocket Knives
Amazon is one of the top five companies in the United States, offering, well, everything. You can find all types of pocket knives, from basic ones containing five blades to Swiss army knives.
Amazon also offers exciting deals on its products, giving their customers discounts and “Deal Of The Day” products. Some of the best pocket knives available on the website are listed below. Take your pick according to your requirements.
- Victorinox Huntsman Red Swiss Army Knife – The Editor’s Choice
- iNinja Tools Black Swiss Army Knife (18 in 1 Multipurpose)- Best Design
- SANDILOR 11 in 1 Multifunction Swiss Knife- Best Build Quality
- Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Climber- 14 functions- Most Stylish
From Knife Country USA
Knife Country USA is an online retailer selling outdoor gear and knives. They deal with some of the biggest brands in the cutlery and knife industry. With over 60,000 products for you to choose from, you can find exactly what you want.
They specialize in cutlery, pocket knives, and fixed blade tactical hunting knives. It is one of the most reputed knife dealers and looks forward to helping you. You can order their products online and get free shipping on orders above $89.
There is virtually a Walmart in every major city nowadays. This American multinational retail corporation has a chain of discount department stores, hypermarkets, and grocery stores. Walmart sells various brands of pocket knives as well.
This store is not only physically accessible but also provides online shipping. You can choose from the plethora of pocket knives on their website.
Gas Stations and Convenience Stores
There are multiple places where you can find pocket knives, but when you need a fast and convenient way to get one, you can find it at a convenience store. Many convenience stores and gas stations, mostly outside of cities, usually sell pocket knives.
These knives are typically very low quality, cheap, and don’t make a good pocket or EDC knife. People don’t even notice that gas stations sell these knives, but it’s a useful piece of information.
Knives at gas stations are typically some unknown Chinese brands or other inexpensive knife brands. You can, however, find branded pocket knives at gas stations from brands like Kershaw, Gerber, and Victorinox. Gas station pocket knives have a distinct look and are known for being impractical and having vibrant patterns with bright colors.
Office Supply Stores
You can get access to pocket knives at an office supply store as well. Most office retail suppliers sell pocket knives. You can check out the nearest Office Depot. Office Depot is one of the leading business supplies and services providers, technology solutions, and products.
They have about 1,400 stores, an online presence, and dedicated sales technicians and professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of knife should you carry?
If you want a pocket knife that you can carry with you every day, everywhere you go, then your best bet would be folding knives and not fixed blades. Remember that the mechanism that holds the blade open is important in folding knives.
Knives depend on the tension between the blade and the handle to stay open. Designs like the Swiss army use a tensioned bar to apply pressure against the blade’s back. Thus, you would want a knife having a strong locking mechanism.
You may prefer a small and convenient knife with a single blade between two and four inches long. These designs are ubiquitous, and brands like Spyderco, SOG, Benchmade manufacture them. With this design, you’ll get a high-grade blade, a durable and dependable locking mechanism, and a handle to let you wield the thing.
Does it matter how you carry it?
The entire point of a pocket knife is pretty obvious; you must be able to carry it in your pocket. If the pocket knife is too huge, too heavy, or too awkward, you won’t have it with you when you need it. Ways you can carry a pocket knife are listed below.
- Carry it in your pants pockets as most people do
- Clip one inside a jacket
- Shove it into your cargo pants
- Put one on a keychain
The best one would be putting it in your pants pocket as that’s the most accessible one. Here’s a list of things you need to know when you’re carrying a pocket knife in your back pocket.
- The knife should ride with the blade’s tip directed upwards
- The back of the blade must face rearwards, flush with the back of your pocket
- This arrangement makes you grab the knife easily, preventing the blade from accidentally opening in your pocket
- Look for pocket clips that sit adjoining to the blade’s tip. They let you carry the knife low in your pocket.
Does the steel of the pocket knife matter?
Some of the major points to consider when you look for a pocket knife are the material used are listed below.
- On a pocket knife, it’s best to have the stainless variety. The stainless variety is the easiest to care for.
- A stainless blade is a little more difficult to sharpen than high carbon steel, but the advantage is that it’s corrosion-resistant.
- Avoid using any knife of a kind that calls its blade material “surgical steel.” It’s a confusing and meaningless term used by brands to sound fancy.
- Rather, find something named steel of some kind. Whether it’s S30V, AUS8, or VG10, you will look at a nice knife if the producer states the name of the blade material.
- If you follow these general guidelines, the rest comes down to personal choice. The Carbide glass breaker on the handle has proved to be essential for vehicle emergencies.
How much money should you spend on a pocket knife?
Many people are happy using a $30 knife, and when it breaks, they buy a new one. If you want to avoid this, you can spend more on a knife of better quality. These knives will cost around $60 and tick every box you consider when buying a pocket knife.
These knives will provide a dependable and high-performance service. If you want something that feels good and looks fancy, you will need to spend more than $60.
Now that you know where to find the best pocket knives available in the market, you can get your own. It’s best if you research the knives before buying so that you can get one according to your requirements.